Urban growth simulation calculator
The tool can mainly be used to:
- Support urban land use and transportation planning
- Simulate different scenarios
- Conduct detailed quantitative analyses of current trends and potential development pathways
- Estimate infrastructure development costs for different development scenarios
- Elaborate enhanced co-designed urban development plans
AIT has developed a tool to simulate urban expansion triggered by increased urbanisation tendencies and to estimate the related infrastructure costs. The tool allows for simulating different urban development scenarios and analyses their infrastructure costs to assist cities in resource-efficient urban planning.
An Agent-based Modelling approach is used to simulate scenarios for the future spatial development of the settlement areas and jobs location. For the different scenarios infrastructure costs are calculated and can be compared.